Tuesday 30 October 2012

FLANNEL x Rachel Rutt

Born in Hong Kong and raised in Japan and Australia, Rachel Rutt is one of Australia's most recognisable models.  Rachel has adorned the pages of i-D, Dazed and Confused,  RUSSH and Vogue all before the tender age of 20.

We had a quick one on one with the beautiful Miss Rutt who this year showcased our SS13 collection Neronis.  Model, knitwear designer and free spirit, Rachel is an all-round natural beauty.  







Favourite film?

The Princess Bride.

Birthstone?

Garnet.

The perfect date?

Mexican food.

Beach or forest?

Wattamolla beach, because it has both! 

Best snack?

Potato chips.

Best beauty product?

Rose hip oil.

Smooth or crunchy?

Crunchy.

Hobbies?

Gardening, knitting, and learning how to pickle and preserve.

Finally, tell us about your knitwear project...

I started knitting about a year and half ago although I learned the basics from my mum's friend when I was 15. I love it because I can create anything I want to wear, within reason, and it's really helped me tap into my personal creativity.  I've started www.ruttiger.tumblr.com to compile my inspirations and pieces into something other people can hopefully enjoy too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment