Monday 17 September 2012

FLANNEL x FLIGHT Skincare



FLIGHT Skincare all started the day mother Kym Jakovich read the label of a cream she was using on her newborn daughter.  The label listed over 40 or more ingredients which were chemical, and the producted had been marketed as being natural. Further research revealed her to the dangerous and hidden ingredients in beauty products often marketed as being pure. 

Following years researching the healing properties of plants combined with a decade experience working within the beauty industry, Kym worked closely with a cosmetic chemist to create a skincare line as luxurious as it was pure, and so FLIGHT Skincare was born.  




Tell us about the aesthetic and ethos behind FLIGHT Skin care?

It all started 5 years ago when I realized that one of the most toxic elements in a woman’s daily routine is their skincare products. This triggered a desire to completely detoxify my environment and reconnect with the natural world.

I researched the healing properties of plants and selected the highest quality organic ingredients from around the world and formulated my own age-defying blends that deliver results.'

Flight skincare is designed to protect, nourish & nurture your skins radiance, while protecting the health and beauty of our environment.


Tell us about your daily beauty routine…

We all want radiant, healthy glowing skin so that’s why I can’t go without my ‘Soft white gentle face polish’.
In the morning 2 times a week, it gives your skin a nutrient rich boost and keeps skin oxygenated and smooth. 
I follow on by having a hit of ‘Superfood powder’ in a ‘Raw green juice’ power packed full of vitamins & nutrients…it’s a perfect way start to the day.

My love at the moment is ‘Goji berry juice’ a wonder berry full of antioxidants and vitamins that are vital for good health and nutrition.  And I use ‘Raw coconut oil’ as a moisturizer all over my body after a warm shower to nourish and hydrate the skin…smells so amazing.





Tell us about your daily exercise regime…

I enjoy running outside in the fresh air 4 days a week, the cardio workout gets my heart rate up so it helps me to burn more calories, I feel cleansed and energized. 



How important is diet to looking great?

I believe ‘Physical beauty starts with inner cleanliness’ so by adopting a nutritional based diet with anti-inflammatory foods you will enhance your overall health, wellbeing and enjoy beautiful radiant skin.  

What are three foods you use on a daily basis that you recommend all to include in theirs?

1. Coconut water is my daily sin…I just love it, keeps me hydrated, speeds up my metabolism and is great for the complexion..perfect coming up to summer.  

2. Goji berries are rich in antioxidants and are said to have more vitamin C than oranges. Great snack between meals. 


3. Dark green leafy Kale crisped in the oven with sea salt and paprika…Yum packed full of essential vitamins and minerals.




Where do you purchase your food?
You cant go past your local Farmers Market, seasonal produce, eco-friendly atmosphere & mixing with friendly foodies that care about the environment and health of the people they feed.




Tell us about your interest in raw foods?

I started RAW just under 2 years ago and have never looked back. My introduction to this life changing movement was a through a ‘Green juice cleanse’ which contained high quantities of magnesium, potassium, fiber, folate, and health-promoting phytochemicals, which your body needs to function properly.
Raw food offers me many health benefits, such as increased energy, better digestion, improved skin appearance, weight loss, and decreased risk of heart disease. I can’t imagine feeding your mind, body and soul with anything else but Raw plant based foods.



Can you share with us one of your favourite raw food recipes?


RAW BERRY CHEESECAKE

Ingredients

Base
250gm almonds,
100gm dates,
50gm coconut,
15gm cacao.

Filling
400gm cashews soaked overnight
juice of 1 lemon and a bit of zest
120gm coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla bean
pinch sea salt
100ml water
1 punnet strawberries
handful of frozen raspberries

Method 

Place all base ingredients in processor until well combined and texture holds together.
Press into a cake tin and place in freezer.
Place all filling ingredients together into processor and mix until smooth and creamy.
Pour over top of Base and freeze overnight.. Decorate with additional berries or goji berries.



How does the environment factor in to FLIGHT’s operations?

We wanted to create eco friendly products with as little impact on the environment as possible. So we sourced the purest all natural and organic ingredients, recycled packaging and paper.

How important is a holistic approach to FLIGHT Skin Care?

Awareness of health and wellbeing plays a huge role in looking after your skin.
By cleansing ourselves from the inside out we feel amazing benefits of increased energy, clarity, and from that comes beautiful radiant skin. I run ‘Inner Beauty workshops’ for women and teenagers with tools and techniques to integrate into their busy lifestyles, improving overall health and radiance.

What is your favourite product from FLIGHT Skin Care?

Flight is about feeling the freedom of nature, its beauty and its purity….FLIGHT products are infused with beautiful ingredients such as Kakadu plum, Camellia oil, White tea and the highest antioxidants from around the world.

My favorite product at the moment would have to be my ‘Sheer Luxury Milk Cleanser’ A gentle nourishing blend of Quandong seed, White willow bark and Neroli water to wash away impurities and improve blood circulation resulting in a radiant glow.



Finally can you share with us three of your favourite sources of inspiration – whether this be a book, site, place or person.

People inspire me because they somehow inspire themselves to give each day, and everyone in it. Every day, ordinary (extraordinary) people inspire me by how they live their lives. I watch a young child who has autism tackle each day with more strength and patience than most people I know; absolute total respect for ones who are stricken with such debilitating diseases… inspires me to be a better person.
I am inspired by the beauty of the ocean, the smell of the salt water, the wind in my face, the gentle roar of the waves all combine to create a sense of peace and calm. I am very blessed to wake up and experience this from my front door. 


Thank you Kym for your time and wonderful tips!

FLIGHT Skincare can be found at all FLANNEL flagships around Australia. 





No comments:

Post a Comment